SYNONYMS: Lion’s mane mushroom, monkey head, bearded tooth mushroom, pom pom mushroom, 山伏茸
GENUS NAME: Hericium erinaceus
Lion’s Mane has been used for thousands of years in Traditional Chinese Medicine as a brain, nervous system, and general tonic. Lion’s Mane is an ancient Chinese medicinal mushroom that’s developing a strong following in the world of modern smart drugs. Used for centuries as a general tonic and health treatment, the Lion’s Mane mushroom is native to China, Japan, North America and Europe. Though it was traditionally prescribed as a general restorative, its effect on the brain has always been recognized, and ancient physicians used it to treat what we would now describe as neurodegenerative diseases.
- Support and boost the immune system
- Rich in minerals, amino acids and polypeptides
- Used as an edible fungus and mood elevating tea elixir
- Promote additional brainpower and regenerate nerve cells
- Improve memory, concentration and muscular coordination